Pita Bread and Hummus
The Cook Log
Recipe 5: Pita Bread and Hummus
Recipe name: Pita Bread and Hummus
Time taken: half an hour cook + 12-16 hour preparation
Cuisine: Mediterranean, vegetarian, appetiser/snack
Section 1: Pita Bread
Ingredients (12 pita breads about 8 inch)
- White flour(maida): 250g
- Water: 150g
- Salt: 5g
- Active dry Yeast: 0.2g
- Take a small bowl and add 3 table spoon of the 150g water to it. Put the yeast in this container and keep aside to activate.
- Take a large vessel to knead the dough and begin mixing the flour and remaining water. Stop when just about incorporated.
- Sprinkle the salt on the dough and pour the activated yeast. Wet your hand and begin to knead the dough.
- Once kneaded, keep the dough in an airtight container(I wrapped the vessel in which the dough was kneaded with cling film), and keep the dough to rise for 12-16 hours.
- Once the rising time is over, divide the dough into 12 parts and roll each part out. Cook the pita breads.
Note: Since the volume of dough is small and the amount of yeast is less too, there will not be a significant increase in the size of the dough after rising.
Section 2: Tahini
Ingredients (1/4th cup tahini)
- Sesame seeds: 0.5 cup
- Olive oil: 1-2 tbsp
- Roast the sesame seeds on a wide saucepan till the turn light brown and are fragrant.
- Transfer the roasted sesame seeds onto a flat vessel too cool down.
- Add the cool sesame seeds to the food processor and mix until a crumbly paste is obtained.(This takes about a minute)
- Add 1 tbsp of olive oil and once again mix till the mixture is smooth.
Section 3: Hummus
- Chickpeas: 250g
- Lemon juice: 0.25 cup
- Tahini: 0.25 cup
- Garlic: 1 clove, minced
- Olive oil: 2 tbsp
- Cumin: 0.5 tbsp, ground
- Salt: To taste
- Water: 2-3 tbsp
- Add the lemon juice to the tahini in the food processor. Combine the mixture and keep scraping the mixture from the edges to give a smooth texture.
- Add olive oil, garlic, cumin and salt to the food processor. Mix until well blended.
- Add half the chickpeas to the mixture and blend. Once this is blended, add the remaining chickpeas and blend till the mixture is smooth.
- If the mixture is still too thick, or contains bits of chickpeas, add water till the perfect texture is reached.
And Pita Bread and Hummus is made! It can be stored for up to a week, and is a great light snack!
Hope you enjoy ☺
Harrah's casino to go public - Aljordan14 retromegabitReplyDelete
Harrah's will not run a great air jordan 18 retro varsity red casino in air jordan 18 retro from my site the Ak-Chin area. The casino air jordan 18 retro men super will have a 먹튀검증 abc-1111 gaming jordan 18 white royal blue from my site floor at Harrah's in Ak-Chin Village.
The second the casino was on the market it was an immediate success. Market Holdings Limited is the 카지노사이트 company that manages the services of the on line casino and the Curacao license permits gamers from European nations to entry Betwinner. Their playing legal guidelines cowl all playing actions, home and foreign.ReplyDelete